Welcome

I'm not what you would consider a pastor, but in growing closer to God, I was taught I need three things; Prayer, the Word, and Other People. So, I'm using this blog to keep myself reading the word, and writing about it. Feel free to agree, disagree, or comment on any post you see fit!

Friday, January 8, 2016

Making the jump.

While praying, I had a vision of jumping out of helicopter, high above the ground. I was blindfolded and had no parachute and the Lord was in the helicopter with me, waiting for me to jump.

When we pray, we need jump into it like we're jumping out of a plane (or helicopter in this case)
with no parachute and blindfolded, with total confidence that the Lord is
right behind us and will grab us and lead us to safety. we need that
kind of reckless abandon when we pray. Total faith that we wont see
if we're going to hit the ground or not, total faith that we wont see
if he's 10 inches or 10 thousand feet away and know, that he will be
there. that's how we need to pray. Know he's there. Know he'll hold us
and know that we're totally surrendering to him. If we hold on to
something, anything, it could stifle what path we're on. it could
prevent us from taking that jump and we're stuck flying above our
purpose in cruise control. complacent. We need to let go of everything
our dreams and desires, our worries and issues, our awareness of what
is going on around us, and all worldly things. let it go and give it
all to him. Let him take control, open your ears, open your arms.
that is where, in your deepest most vulnerable state, you will
encounter God and his will. you will hear his voice. you will be the
obedient child listening to their father. Now, read Matthew 6:6.
go into your room, or private place, and take that jump.

No comments:

Post a Comment